Well that didn’t work as expected

Last Saturday, we met up and testing our platform. We let it heat up to 480 F and made sure the system could maintain temperature. We added plastic and nothing happened. Smoke started coming out of the bottom of the nozzle and it made perfect rings. As seen in the video.

We got to a point where we thought nothing was going to change and we pulled out the piston to find this.

This is a combination of burnt plastic and melted plastic at the piston. My guess is the temp was too high and once the lower stuff burned it was over. This is why we have the Plan B. We already had the parts and the design was finalized.

About these ads

Tags: , , ,

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

%d bloggers like this: