It works!!

We met on Sunday and did some testing.  We got the filament to extrude out at a good rate.  We initially had some issues with the power of the new motor we got. We let the extruder heat up and has to run the motor at a higher voltage than suggested.  Once we had some movement the voltage was set to 12V and it ran good. There are a few pictures below and a video of it working. Also, the video has some footage of the strength of the filament.

Things to do

  • Upgrade motor- we need a little bit more torque
  • Mount Fan- this will help the filament not stretch out
  • Clean up the prototype
  • Put the spool motor back on
Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: